10 Reasons To Hire a Postpartum Doula
The Top 10 Reasons Why You Should Hire A Postpartum Doula
- The #1 reason you should hire a postpartum doula is… BECAUSE YOU DESERVE ONE! It’s the ultimate in self care!
- So you don’t feel judged while you learn to care for your newborn. A doula offers judgment free support allowing you to develop your “inner-momma” peacefully, smoothly and at your own pace.
- So you can let your guard down and explore your parenting options. Your doula will discuss various parenting philosophies and options with you and support you in every decision YOU make.So you don’t feel judged while you learn to care for your newborn. A doula offers judgment free support allowing you to develop your “inner-momma” peacefully, smoothly and at your own pace.
- Because early breastfeeding can pose its challenges, having a doula by your side during frustrating or exhausted feedings can be extremely beneficial.
- So you can be nurtured while you nurture your newborn.
- So you can be reminded to eat well and stay hydrated. Simple things like eating and drinking are easily overlooked while focusing on a newborn, however, they are extremely important to your recovery.
- So you can be free of day-to-day household tasks in order to focus on bonding with your baby and your partner.
- For the most up to date information on products relating to babies. Your doula is an expert on all things “baby”, in spite of the ever-changing recommendations and product recalls.
- Doulas are trained to recognize the signs and symptoms of the postpartum baby blues and postpartum depression. Your doula can advise you of what is a “normal” part of your emotional recovery and what you might need some help with.
- So that you can allow yourself “real” sleep, knowing that a trained professional is caring for your baby while you rest and recover.
Authored by: The Rock n’ Roll Doula
Northeast Doulas has been providing Postpartum Doula services to families in Westchester, NY and Fairfield Counties for over 16 years.Contact Us Today