Top Ten Summer Family Fun
10) Lake Compounce. A short drive to Bristol, Connecticut offers one of the nation's oldest amusement parks with a great kiddie area and a water park. Relatively cheap and drinks are free.
9) Renegades Baseball. How about a baseball game with crazy family fun in between innings. Oh yeah, tickets range from $6 to $17. Located at Dutchess Stadium in Fishkill.
8) Muscoot Farm. Bring the little ones and let them run. Cute farm with all kinds of animal. E I E I O.
7) West Point Museum. Bring the boys to this beautiful museum right outside the campus gate. Military history comes alive. They even have a tank.
6) Firefighter Parades. Throughout the summer, local fire departments have parades with bands and fire trucks. Some departments also have carnivals scheduled with the parade.
5) Bear Mountain. Hiking trails, row boats, merry go round and a zoo. Bring the picnic basket.
4) Jones Beach. Take the drive to the State's beautiful beach. Little ones will enjoy the Bay side and park. SPF 50.
3) Drive In Theater. Dutchess County offers two drive in theaters in Poughkeepsie and Hyde Park. Dress the kids in pajamas, bring pillows and snacks.
2) Palisades Mall. The Mall?! This place is huge and has a bowling alley, an ice skating rink, a Ferris wheel, Dave & Buster's, restaurants and shopping.
1) Legoland Discovery Center. The Ridge Hill center in Yonkers is the home for this brand new Legoland.