Ten things to do as a family that don’t cost a dime
10) Check out your local Community calendar. There are always great things happening around town. Local events, races, plays. A great resource to get some ideas.
9) Visit your local Library - It is so quiet there, and the kids will love having so many books to choose from.
8) Play board games – When was the last time you sat down and played a good classic game? Remember Monopoly, Trivial Pursuit (even have them for kids) or connect four?
7) Cupboard potluck – Have everyone in the family pick something out of the cupboard cook or bake all the selections and have a cupboard potluck!
6) Have a movie party – Each person in the family picks out a movie. Whether it’s a classic DVD or something On-Demand. Pop some popcorn, kick your feet up and get lost in the movies.
5) Build a fort – Move the furniture out of the way, collect the old blankets and sheets and make a fort. When you finish, bring a snack and a book into the fort with a flashlight. This will make for some great memories.
4) Go on a hike – Now is the time, before it gets to hot! Put the baby / child in a carrier or a backpack, and explore the great outdoors!
3) Go to the park – Really take the time to play with your children at the park, not just watching them. It will be a blast.
2) Build a cardboard castle – Stop by an appliance store to see if they have any...Read more