The Top 10 "Foods We Eat After An All Night Birth"
Somehow exhaustion and hunger seem to go hand and hand. So, what happens to your labor doula when she walks out the front door of that hospital after an all night birth? I'll tell you! If she is anything like us, she pigs out and crashes for a few hours! This is what the "pigging out" looks like!
10) Any snack that is in our bag on the way home! From granola bars to candy bars to bruised bananas! It doesn’t matter what it is, we just shovel it in as fast as we can while driving.
9) Cold Pizza. Hopefully it is from the night before but 2, 3…4 day old pizza is NOT off limits!
8) One of Debbie’s favorites, CEREAL. A box of cereal! The whole box of cereal!
7) Grilled cheese sandwiches. 2 usually do the trick.
6) Bacon, egg and cheese on a roll with a touch of hot sauce! Yummmm!!!
5) Leftover cake from the birthday party you got called away from to go to the birth.
4) Bacon cheeseburgers are always a favorite for The Rock N’ Roll Doula but especially after a birth! There’s something about the protein, fat, carbohydrate combination that really comforts the soul and prepares us for rest!
3) Homemade macaroni and cheese. There’s that protein, fat, carb combo again.
2) In desperation… Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches ALWAYS hit the spot.
And our #1 favorite thing to eat after an all night birth is…